Location: Guildford, Surrey, UK
Dimensions: 34 cm x 49 cm
This bold watercolour was given as a present to Ann Benson (who was later to become the artist's step-daughter) as indicated in the inscription 'To Ann, July 26th 1931'. Burpham Court House was owned by the Benson family. Knighton-Hammond was a friend of the family and on one of his visits he painted this impressive watercolour. He freely depicts the architectural details of the historic timber framed building to good effect. The facade is bathed in sunlight. The drive draws the spectators eye to the house.